Wednesday 24 November 2010

Week 4, Day 2 & 3 (No Talking)

"THIS IS THE BEST CONVERSATION I'VE NEVER HAD"

I'm very pleased how this is going.  In all honesty, I have accidentally uttered a few words to my mother before gasping and stopping.  I suppose it's harder to remember when I'm just at home, in a situation I wouldn't be talking normally/frequently.
Yesterday I went to the private view at Ikon gallery for the new Len Lye show (which was wonderful) and the lovely Andy B. said the quote at the top, after we had a great conversation.  Mostly when I spoke to people they would continue to be vocal, but one person wrote down as well, explaining that he felt strange to talk out loud.
When in these more social situations it seems it may put a certain amount of strain on those I converse with, though I don't necessarily view it in a negative light. All interactions become in some what private, as there's little place for me in groups at the moment.

So far, it also seems that I have a lot that's not much worth saying. With more effort needed for literally every word, there's a lot I've stopped bothering with...

2 comments:

  1. ascetic |əˈsetik|

    adjective
    characterized by or suggesting the practice of severe self-discipline and abstention from all forms of indulgence, typically for religious reasons : an ascetic life of prayer, fasting, and manual labor | a narrow, humorless, ascetic face.

    Hey Disco Ascetic,
    Are you surviving the silence? I have a little present for you? Can I get your email... xxx good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O OH TONY you always know the right thing to say!

    i have missed you very much - I got a new number and pretty much told no one, but my email is doyoulovemejamiestewart at gmail dot com. I would so love to hear from you, I miss you!

    *kisskiss*

    ReplyDelete